Halls Gap Resilience Group
Resilience is the capacity of Halls Gap to respond positively to emergency events. It is the ability of the community to prepare for, and react to, emergencies in a sustainable way.
Halls Gap is vulnerable to floods, landslides, bushfires and other threats. They adversely affect the local economy and the health and wellbeing of residents and tourists. The severity of the adverse impact depends on the scale of the disaster and the level of preparedness to respond to the emergency. Developing community resilience to emergency events will
- minimise the adverse impact,
- contribute to a quicker, more effective, response and recovery, and
- make for a safer community.
The Resilience Group is a subcommittee of the Community Association of Halls Gap Inc. It is a forum for agencies and community representatives to develop strategies and frameworks to support the resilience of the Halls Gap community. It will help both residents and tourists to
- understand the nature of various emergency events, and
- actively prepare for, and mitigate against the adverse impacts of, emergencies.
Resilience Group Publications
Send us your feedback!
- Resilience Group Terms of Reference
- 2022 Halls Gap Fireplug Audit
- Other documents will be added as they are developed